TECHNICAL ADVANTAGES OVER LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY
- The 3D image improves the perception of the depth of the surgical field.
- The manual movements performed by the surgeon are natural, instead of the less intuitive and uncomfortable positions that traditional laparoscopic surgery requires. The console features offer a remarkable comfort to the surgeon and reduce fatigue during the procedure.
- The robotic system digitalizes the movements of the surgeon and therefore eliminates any hand tremor. A wide movement in the console is translated as a small and precise one in the surgical field.
- The translation of the movement from the console to the instruments improves the hand-eye coordination.
- The robotic arms provide additional degrees of freedom inside the patient increasingagility and precision. Compared to the rigid and fixed laparoscopic instruments, these robotic arms include additional joints that reproduce the human wrist movements with greater accuracy.
ADVANTAGES FOR THE PATIENT
- Reduction of pain.
- Reduction of blood loss during the surgical procedure.
- Reduction of postoperative complications, included infectious ones.
- Shorter hospital stays
- Shorter postoperative recovery.
- Better plastic results and less scarring.